Categories

Archive

Disclaimer

De meningen ge-uit door medewerkers en studenten van de TU Delft en de commentaren die zijn gegeven reflecteren niet perse de mening(en) van de TU Delft. De TU Delft is dan ook niet verantwoordelijk voor de inhoud van hetgeen op de TU Delft weblogs zichtbaar is. Wel vindt de TU Delft het belangrijk - en ook waarde toevoegend - dat medewerkers en studenten op deze, door de TU Delft gefaciliteerde, omgeving hun mening kunnen geven.

Posted in October 2011

Presentation at Science Fair

!!!ADD PHOTOS FAIR & SCHEMATICS SYSTEMS!!! 

 

The central piece of the presentation is the (semi)working model. Any volunteer can try on the sensors and make the daemon react. Next to the model there is a poster with a schematic of the system and a render. Furthermore there is a flyer providing supplement information about the displayed moods. Finally there is a user manual advising people how to test the model.

 

Continue reading

Graphic visualisation

For the science fair a poster, flyer and user manual have been designed.

The poster displayes a render of the final product and a schematic of the design. The flyer is used to provide additional information about the moods displayed by the E-Daemon. Finally the user manual helps the user how to turn on the E-Daemon. 

motor code

Today a program was written to regulate motor movements (of 2 servo motors). This piece of code will be tested tomorrow (Thursday 27th) and afterwards be merged with the existing code that uses the temperature sensor as input. Again, comments are in grey.

I realize there are only a few comments. This will be corrected later.

  Continue reading

Sensors update week 5

We started off in week 5 with the ‘Mind Flex’. We measured the voltage across the 5 LED’s. The heigher the voltage, the more LED’s light up. This voltage can thus be linked to your brain activity. Low voltage means low activity. The excact values do seem to differ from person to person. We may adjust the pre-installed values on the ‘Mind Flex’  if it turns out this gives better results for our project. We will test this on different users.

Continue reading

Semi-complete model for the code

The model below is almost complete. The steps in the model are correct, but more elaborate steps will be needed for ‘Calc Values’, as it will use input from multiple sensors and create output for multiple motors. However, the steps for the motor are not written yet.

Ad few adaptions were made from the previous model that was posted. For example: from the two main functions (setDefault and calcValues) there needed to be an arrow back to the beginning, to illustrate the loops of the program.

 

Continue reading

Display Setup and Servo-emotion crosslink.

We’ve created a setup out of MDF to fit our glass display cell and the two servo arms. Now we have the proper spiky fluid we can calibrate the Servo-arm’s their movement to portray the chosen emotions.

Currently we’re not able to move the servo’s independently and simultanously. It’s either the same task they’re carrying out simultaniously, or a different task after one another. The next step would be making sure the servo’s can each do a different task, simultanously, and then calibrate the code to the emotions.

 A couple of clips:YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image

Sensors update week 4

In week 4, we tried to connect and read the heart rate sensor with an arduino. We also started with the manipulation of a ‘ mind flex’  game in order to read brain activity.

Continue reading

modeling for Arduino

Two days ago a first model was made as preparation for the final Arduino code. Until now all the code has been written without any models for the architecture of the program, but the final code will be much more complex and therefore a Petri Net will be used. 

The first model only consists of the program written for the temperature sensor (see also post "More efficient code to get LEDs working according to temperature" on october the 13th).

 

 

Servo Arms

We did a few test runs to see if the Servo arms we’ve created weren’t too heavy for the servo arms to lift. The results were quite uplifting. Continue reading

Fluid, Sensor and diagram

Today we worked on getting the heart rate sensor working with the Arduino. A small program was written to check if we could even get input from the heart sensor. (Later, we also tried to get any signal into a digital Arduino pin, this worked well). We suspect the heart rate receiver to be broken.

In addition, today the ordered Ferro Fluid was delivered. After some experiments, we discovered the fluid is soluble with water (!) and in combination with magnets no spikes are created at all. Eventually, we are forced to conclude the concentration of actual Ferro Fluid is too low and probably mixed with water.

These two things are pretty big drawbacks. However, we will continue to look for solutions in the upcoming days.

Next to this a start was made with modeling the system for the combined code (input, translation and output together). This is necessary for convenience of writing the code, as well as efficiency of the program.

To be continued…

© 2011 TU Delft