Categories

Archive

Disclaimer

De meningen ge-uit door medewerkers en studenten van de TU Delft en de commentaren die zijn gegeven reflecteren niet perse de mening(en) van de TU Delft. De TU Delft is dan ook niet verantwoordelijk voor de inhoud van hetgeen op de TU Delft weblogs zichtbaar is. Wel vindt de TU Delft het belangrijk - en ook waarde toevoegend - dat medewerkers en studenten op deze, door de TU Delft gefaciliteerde, omgeving hun mening kunnen geven.

Posts by Berend Raaphorst

Display Setup and Servo-emotion crosslink.

We’ve created a setup out of MDF to fit our glass display cell and the two servo arms. Now we have the proper spiky fluid we can calibrate the Servo-arm’s their movement to portray the chosen emotions.

Currently we’re not able to move the servo’s independently and simultanously. It’s either the same task they’re carrying out simultaniously, or a different task after one another. The next step would be making sure the servo’s can each do a different task, simultanously, and then calibrate the code to the emotions.

 A couple of clips:YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image

Servo Arms

We did a few test runs to see if the Servo arms we’ve created weren’t too heavy for the servo arms to lift. The results were quite uplifting. Continue reading

E-Daemon Schematic

This is a schematic view of the experiment of E-Daemon. The sensors measure temperature, heart rate and mind wave activity of a person. This input is sent to the Arduino board. The Arduino translates this to mechanical motion of the Servo arms on which magnets are attached. The ferrofluid will react on the distance between the magnets.
This will display the mood of the person. For example, when the magnets are at a distance from the glass the ferrofluid is not ‘active’  and can be seen as calm.

 

Bottled Ferrofluid

This time we took a smaller glass container so the Electromagnet could properly exert it’s force on the ferrofluid within. The bottle is an old perfume container, with thicker and higher quality than the glass container from the previous test. This time we took another precaution, we first rinsed the bottles contents with Glassex, refilling it afterwards before adding the ferrofluid.

Continue reading

Ferrofluid Complications

We’ve come across a couple of complications with the display part of the project. We’ve gotten a glass container, electromagnet(present at the Industrial Design Faculty), A few drops of Ferrofluid and a suspension fluid(In this case simple Windowcleaning-agent:"Glassex". which in theory should work.) Continue reading

Ferrofluid Experiments

© 2011 TU Delft