Categories

Archive

Disclaimer

De meningen ge-uit door medewerkers en studenten van de TU Delft en de commentaren die zijn gegeven reflecteren niet perse de mening(en) van de TU Delft. De TU Delft is dan ook niet verantwoordelijk voor de inhoud van hetgeen op de TU Delft weblogs zichtbaar is. Wel vindt de TU Delft het belangrijk - en ook waarde toevoegend - dat medewerkers en studenten op deze, door de TU Delft gefaciliteerde, omgeving hun mening kunnen geven.

Posts by Simone Koch

motor code

Today a program was written to regulate motor movements (of 2 servo motors). This piece of code will be tested tomorrow (Thursday 27th) and afterwards be merged with the existing code that uses the temperature sensor as input. Again, comments are in grey.

I realize there are only a few comments. This will be corrected later.

  Continue reading

Semi-complete model for the code

The model below is almost complete. The steps in the model are correct, but more elaborate steps will be needed for ‘Calc Values’, as it will use input from multiple sensors and create output for multiple motors. However, the steps for the motor are not written yet.

Ad few adaptions were made from the previous model that was posted. For example: from the two main functions (setDefault and calcValues) there needed to be an arrow back to the beginning, to illustrate the loops of the program.

 

Continue reading

modeling for Arduino

Two days ago a first model was made as preparation for the final Arduino code. Until now all the code has been written without any models for the architecture of the program, but the final code will be much more complex and therefore a Petri Net will be used. 

The first model only consists of the program written for the temperature sensor (see also post "More efficient code to get LEDs working according to temperature" on october the 13th).

 

 

Fluid, Sensor and diagram

Today we worked on getting the heart rate sensor working with the Arduino. A small program was written to check if we could even get input from the heart sensor. (Later, we also tried to get any signal into a digital Arduino pin, this worked well). We suspect the heart rate receiver to be broken.

In addition, today the ordered Ferro Fluid was delivered. After some experiments, we discovered the fluid is soluble with water (!) and in combination with magnets no spikes are created at all. Eventually, we are forced to conclude the concentration of actual Ferro Fluid is too low and probably mixed with water.

These two things are pretty big drawbacks. However, we will continue to look for solutions in the upcoming days.

Next to this a start was made with modeling the system for the combined code (input, translation and output together). This is necessary for convenience of writing the code, as well as efficiency of the program.

To be continued…

Fluid, Sensor and diagram

Today we worked on getting the heart rate sensor working with the Arduino. A small program was written to check if we could even get input from the heart sensor. (Later, we also tried to get any signal into a digital Arduino pin, this worked well). We suspect the heart rate receiver to be broken.

In addition, today the ordered Ferro Fluid was delivered. After some experiments, we discovered the fluid is soluble with water (!) and in combination with magnets no spikes are created at all. Eventually, we are forced to conclude the concentration of actual Ferro Fluid is too low and probably mixed with water.

These two things are pretty big drawbacks. However, we will continue to look for solutions in the upcoming days.

Next to this a start was made with modeling the system for the combined code (input, translation and output together). This is necessary for convenience of writing the code, as well as efficiency of the program.

To be continued…

heart sensor test program

The code below was written to check the functioning of the heart sensor in combination with the heart rate receiver. From here on we can determine default heart rate values as introduction towards a combined program: sensors (input) and magnets/mechanics (output). Comments are in grey.

 

Continue reading

More efficient code to get LEDs working according to temperature

The previous code was not very neat. For efficiency and modularity it is important to work less with constant values in the main code, but with variables and arrays to adapt and tweak the code more easily later. This will also be easier to test the final prototype in the end. Code is in black and comments are in grey. For the code see below.

Continue reading

Code for Arduino to get LEDs working according to temperature

On the 6th and 7th of october this code was made. The code explores the possibility to give output in steps (in this case LEDs) by measuring temperature via a temperature sensor. Now LEDs are used so the steps are visible. Later the steps should be used to vary the output of an electro motor (see also post "Programming; 1 sensor, 3 outputs" on the 7th of october). Code is in black and comments are in grey.  

Continue reading

© 2011 TU Delft